Letters in Chinese

李察通訊 Letters in Chinese
https://leecha.blogspot.hk/

10/09/2022

Police made a prologue for me

I met another policeman in Indonesia.  And it was interesting too.

 I play the violin on the street again.  

This is another street violin story. It was not in the street market I just mentioned.  It was another area. 

Another policeman came to intervene.  He told me to pack up and leave.  I left the place unwillingly.

 I kept looking around for another place to play. Soon I have found another one.  I opened  the violin case to play again. 

Unexpectedly, the police turned out to be following me.  He came forward and said it was not okay here too.  So I had to go again to find another place.  

It looked  like a church or some kind of a venue.  There were several stone steps, like a small stage.  I am very happy.  Opened the  case again.  I was ready to play.  Unexpectedly, the police were still following.  He came up and told me.  It's alright for this place, you can play now. 

 I am very happy to thank him.  He turned around to the watching crowd, he said some words in Indonesian language, seemed like saying a prologue for me, though I  didn't know what he said.  Then he left.  He let me play.  Not interferring anymore.  

The audience's reaction was also good.  I played for a while. 

Suddenly, a woman who looked like a rich lady stepped forward.  She asked me in English where do I live.  I  didn't want to tell her I was staying in a good hotel. I stuttered for a while.  she asked me again.  She said, if you had  lost your wallet and air ticket, with this little money you had made today, do you have enough money to go home?

I'm a little confused. 

It turns out that this is what the police told the masses just minutes ago.  The police told the crowd that the man was in a poor condition.  His  was robbed.  He has got no  money and no air tickets to return to Hong Kong. He had to stay in Indonesia.  He can't go back. Then I realized why the audience reacted so strongly. 

The rich lady has a good heart.  She said she would take me back to the hotel by her car.  I said no.  She asked me how can I go back. She will  call a taxi for me.  I said I can walk on two legs.  An hour or two is nothing.  And then I came to undersatnd that it is dangerous to walk. No one walks.  There will be robbers waiting for you if you walk.

 When the lady heard that I am going to walk home, she has become very concerned and even nervous.  It seemed like she was going to buy a plane ticket for me right away and send me back to Hong Kong.  I explain everything.  Then she seemed to understand a little.

 It was another  precious lesson for me. And I did have a wonderful time.





還有另外的一個警察。也是十分有趣。

我在街上彈琴。不是剛才說的街市。而是另外的一個區域。又有一個警察前來干涉。叫我收拾東西離開。

我只好收拾東西走。一邊走一邊左右張望。看有沒有其他地方可以彈得。

走到另外一處停下來。打開琴又想再彈。不料那警察原來是在跟蹤我。他上前來說這裏也不行。

我於是只好又走。再找到一個地方。好像是一個教堂。還是一個會場那樣。有幾個石階。我站上去好像一個小舞臺。心中高興得很。又再打開琴盒。準備彈琴。

不料那警察仍然在跟著。他上來對我說。這裏可以了,你就在這裏彈吧。

我當然十分高興謝他。

他掉轉身來。對圍上來觀看的群眾,用印尼話說了好幾句話,也不知他説甚麼,似乎是一段開場白。然後他就走了。任得我彈。也不再理我了。觀眾的反應也不錯。

我彈了好一會。

忽然間有一個貴婦模樣的女人走上前來。用英語問我你住哪裏。

我也不想告訴她住在酒店。結結巴巴了好一會。她又問我。你既然失去了錢包。又沒有了機票。今天你賺的這點點錢。夠錢回家去嗎。

我有點不明白。

原來這就是剛才警察對群眾所說的話。

警察對群眾說。這個人很可憐。他的錢包給人搶了。又沒有了機票。只好流落印尼。回不了香港。

我這才知道為什麼觀眾反應這麼激烈。

這個貴婦人心腸很好。她說要用車送我回酒店。我說不用了。她問我怎樣走。要不要為我叫計程車。我說我兩條腿走路就可以了。一兩個小時不算什麼。

原來印尼那邊。是沒有人走路的。一定會碰見劫匪。那貴婦聽我這樣說。更加緊張。好像立刻就要為我買機票送我回香港那樣。我千般解釋。他才好像明白了。

回想起來,真是人生寶貴的一課。


沒有留言: