Letters in Chinese

李察通訊 Letters in Chinese
https://leecha.blogspot.hk/

10/08/2022

How dare you play the violin?

 

A joke.  

Will you dare to be a beggar? You  stand on the street.  And you started to sing.  Loudly to everyone. You will  afraid of nothing.

It needs a little courage. You are not afraid to show your ugly side. You want nothing,  only thinking about that song, nothing in your  heart.

 My violin is self-taught, I am always a beginner.  How can you dare?  

But this guy finally dared  to beg.

I was begging from Hong Kong to foreign countries.  

 Every time I played the violin in Causeway Bay, police intervened.  And hooligans.

 Actually  I'm not brave enough.  I am just not afraid of being ugly.  There is nothing else in my mind.

One time I played the violin on the streets of Indonesia.

 One policeman  intervened . 

 Said that you can't play the violin here.  I had to go.  But the police said.  I'll take you to a place to play.  Just follow me. 

It turned out that the police took me into a street market.  There are many hawkers and stalls in the street market.  One of the stalls was his own.  He removed the things from the stall.  He let me play in that stall.


 I've never played violin inside a street market. I had to bite the bullet.  I could only open the violin case.  I  pulled the first sound.

Suddenly the whole market was silent. Wow, what a moment.  It turned out that silence was so terrifying.  Do I still have the courage to go on?  Dare I?

 I took a breath and closed my eyes to start. I played the first note.

After five minutes.  The market returned to its normal noise. 

People were chatting and laughing loudly again.  The sound was as usual.  The clamor is back.  My violin is caught in it.  It doesn't sound too bad to mix up music with the noise here.

Indonesians are not rich.  But that day I went home and counted.  There was a lot of money thrown in the violin case.  

Some of the folks speak English. They talked with me for a long time.  It's a good time that I've never had before.

It took me a few years to understand the lesson.

And a little more about the ending.  I played in the market for more than one hour.  I was  tired, so I packed and leave.

I saw that the police was still directing traffic.  I suddenly wanted to weep.  How can there be such a good person in this world?

Actually there is.  But by that time, I can only say thank you to the policeman.

I will never forget the moment for the rest of my life.

I am  grateful for the opportunity he had given me.



一句笑話。你敢像乞丐那樣。隨便在街頭一站。便引亢高歌。一點都不害怕。一往無前。這種勇氣。不衹是不怕醜。只想著那首歌,心中甚麼都沒有。我的小提琴全是自學,只有九流水準。怎麼有這膽子獻醜?但也總算在街頭彈琴乞錢。從香港乞到外國。膽子也練得大了。

在香港銅鑼灣。每次拉琴都有警察來干涉。還有流氓。你說我的膽子大不大。衹是不怕醜。心中並無其他。

笑話很多。

有一次在印尼街頭彈小提琴。警察來干涉。說這裏不可以彈琴。我只好只好收拾。但警察說。我帶你到一個地方彈。只好跟著警察行。原來警察帶我進入一個街市。街市裏有很多小販和攤檔。其中有一個攤檔是他自己的。他搬開了攤檔的雜物。就讓我在那攤檔中彈琴。

我從來沒有在街市中彈過琴的。只好硬著頭皮。打開琴盒。拉響了第一聲。

忽然之間。整個街市都靜下來了。烏鴉不得了。原來靜是這樣可怕的。我還有勇氣嗎。我敢嗎?

那就叫做欲罷不能。只好吸一口氣,閉上眼睛彈下去。

五分鐘之後。街市才回復往常的光陰。人們又高聲談笑。聲響像平時一樣。叫賣聲都回來了。我的琴音夾在其中。也不覺得特別難聽了。

印尼的人並不富裕。但那天我回家一數。琴盒中人家扔來的錢也不少。也有人懂英文的。前來和我談很久。真是從來沒有遇過的好光陰。

這件事,要在數年後的今天,我才明白。 

總該是要有點遭遇,才會知道的。

還有一點尾聲。我在街市彈琴一個多小時。人也累了,便收拾離開。

出到外面。見到那警察仍在指揮交通。我忽然之間想哭。心想世間怎會有這樣的好人。

其實是有的。但那天。我衹能很誠懇地對那警察說一聲謝謝你。

這一個瞬間。我一輩子不會忘記。

我永遠感謝他給我的機會。

沒有留言: