Letters in Chinese

李察通訊 Letters in Chinese
https://leecha.blogspot.hk/

2/23/2022

A futile work in my dream

 9348  A futile work in my dream  20220223




I was traveling around the South-Asian countries in my dream. 


I spotted one of the cheap watches there. I ordered one. 


Soon a happy and gay Filipino boy delivered five large boxes to my hotel. 


Each of the boxes was like a box of candy, it was beautifully decorated and cushioned with soft materials inside. 


I was amazed to see the small parts of the watch inside. It must be a complicated watch, with different functions in it. I even found a small lens in the watch, though I didn't know the use of it.  


I was a little excited as it has been my favorite work. I tried to assemble the watch. 


And then I opened the second box. It was same small parts and bits too. I found I need to pick up the small parts and fix it together. The worse time came when I tried to fix 4 small screws simultaneously into a copper plate no bigger than my nail. I tried and tried in vain. 


I worked until the next morning and found my eyes were very tired.


And I thought to myself, the watch is so cheap why fix it on my own?


And then I examine the lens again. It was supposed to be a pair of binoculars. What is the use to have binoculars in a watch? 


I was doubtful about the job suddenly.  


It is useless and futile.      


And meaningless, too. 


And suddenly the door bell rang. 


I opened the door and found the happy and gay Filipino boy again. He was carrying another five boxes for me. 


I cannot remember whether I have ordered it or not. 


Do I need to do the same job again? 


And I was lucky to wake up in such a moment.  


I was still in my home, not the South-Asian city. 




沒有留言: